What is Franchising?
It is a way of delivering goods and services, under your standards, using your brand through independent operators who use their own money. In Franchising, you expand your business by licensing rights to a third party including the use of of the brand, your system and know-how. This is generally done in consideration for a licensing fee, generally know as a royalty.
We focus on all areas of franchise law, including:
- Domestic franchising.
- International franchising.
- ranchise system expansion.
- Risk minimization.
- Legal compliance.
- Master franchising.
- Area development arrangements.
- Licensing arrangements.
- Domestic and International Distributor arrangements.
We also assist Non-Australian companies that want to:
- Enter into alliances with Australian businesses.
- Etablish a franchise in Australia.
- Help you decide whether franchising is right for you.
- Advise you on your company structures.
- Advise you on protecting your trade mark and attending to registration with IP Australia.
- Advise you on sources and amounts of revenue available to you.
- Draft your franchise documents.
- Negotiating and closing franchise transactions.
- Resolving issues that arise in the day-to-day operation of your franchise system:
- Protecting you during transfers, whether the transfers are transfers of the franchise or transfers of equity in the franchisee;
- Enforcing your powers under the franchise documents;
- Assisting with lease reviews and negotiations;
- Dealing with landlords;
- Attending to any disputes with franchisees or landlords; and
- Other franchise legal and business issues.
- Updating and enhancing your franchise documents to adapt to changes in franchise laws, the franchise market, and the economy.
- Selling company-owned outlets.
- Licensing your trademarks and technology.
- Going global.
How We Can Help You
Our franchise law firm represents franchisors that range from experienced global franchisors to businesses that are first considering franchising. We can:
We can also assist you with issues that will arise once you become a franchisor. These issues include:
Why our clients choose us?
Down to earth, straight to the point advisors with nothing more than a desire to assist in building successful businesses. Our clients enjoy the benefit of working directly with the senior team, fixed fees and ability to recognise the priorities for success.
- Getting franchise enquiries, but not sure what to do?
- Are you experiencing rapid growth and market attention?
- Is managing staff becoming a constant headache and time consuming?
- Is your cash flow limited for funding future growth?
- Have you proven your business concept?
Fill in the form below or contact us on (02) 9232 3511